Die Casting Services
LOW-VOLUME CASTING OF METAL PARTS
At GM Singapore we have many years of experience producing high-quality die-casted metal parts and components for customers across the globe. Our die casting services are contained all under one roof, streamlining our process and allowing for expedited delivery. If you require precise metal parts manufactured in low volume – contact us today. Our sales staff is fluent in English, Mandarin, French, and Japanese – we are ready to answer any questions you may have, explain the process and benefits of die casting, and provide a free estimate for your die casting project.
WHAT IS DIE CASTING?
Die casting is the process of shaping metals into specific shapes, referred to as casts. Many different non-ferrous metals can be used in the die casting process allowing for a magnitude of die casting applications. Practically any metal part can be created using the die casting process, simple or complicated. Metal parts are extremely resistant to heat and corrosion, ideal for applications across many industries including the automotive, aerospace, industrial, and energy industries. Die casted metal parts can be manufactured in incredible array of sizes, and in nearly any shape imaginable.
DIE CASTED PARTS HAVE MANY ADVANTAGES:
- Die casted parts are strong, made of solid metal
- Metal parts can be produced in complex dimensions
- One mould produces thousands of identical casts
- Complex mathematical accuracy
- Brilliant surface finishes available
- Heat, chemical, and pressure resistant
- Efficient and repeatable manufacturing process
- Fastest method for creating metal parts in volume
Even with the incredible number of metal and shape combinations available the process for creating your die casted metal part is simple and easy.
THE DIE CASTING PROCESS
Die casting is an extremely efficient and effective method for producing hundreds to thousands of metal parts quickly and accurately. Regardless of metals used or the applications for the finished piece, the process for die casting generally follows the same four steps:
- Your design is uploaded into a 3D CAD file. If you do not have a design prepared, we have designers available happy to assist with measurements, material selection, and more.
- The 3D CAD design is used to produce a metal mold (also called a “die”). The mold will be used to produce the metal casts. One mold can be used to produce thousands of identical units. At GS Proto, we have our own advanced CNC Machine Shop, producing dies in-house saving time and money, and ensuring accurate translation of design into the completed mold.
- The selected metal (nearly all alloys are options; aluminum is the most-popular) is heated, then injected into the mold. The metal is cooled, forming a solid metal cast.
- The cast is removed from the mold, taken for additional finishing services, and the process is repeated.
This process occurs quickly, creating thousands of identical metal casts rapidly and with extreme precision. Parts made with non-ferrous metals such as zinc, aluminum, magnesium, copper and more are strong; they can withstand extreme conditions and environments. If you need metal parts manufactured in low-volume quantities, die casting may be your perfect solution.
START YOUR DIE CASTING PROJECT TODAY
If you are ready to begin your die casting project, or just want to find out if die casting is right for you, contact GS Proto today.
At GM Singapore we will:
- Help you determine if die casting is the right manufacturing method for your project
- Assist with design and material selection
- Create your mold right in our CNC shop
- Produce identical metal casts to your precise specifications
- Delivery a quality product with excellent accuracy and surface finish
For a free die casting estimate contact the die casting experts at GM Singapore now .